Optical Test Unit
Request more information/offer
Automate optical network monitoring with the most compact rack mounted, remote OTDR test unit on the market!
The OTU-5000 Optical Test Unit combines optical time-domain reflectometry (OTDR) and optical-switch technology to provide continuous OTDR monitoring of multiple fibers anywhere in the network. A single OTU-5000 unit, monitoring 72 fibers of 100km and more, occupies only 1RU.
- Switch scalability up to 1080 ports
- Web-browser access
- E-mail notifications
- Small size: 72 ports in 1RU
- Dual power feeds
- Solid-state disk
- Low power consumption
- LAN-based firmware downloads
- Ensure continuously good service at construction, service activation and beyond
- Anticipate service disruptions by detecting fiber degradation before it affects service.
- Reduce MTTR by locating fiber optic faults in minutes instead of hours
- Reduce operational costs by eliminating multiple erroneous dispatches
- Protect investments by monitoring longterm fiber performance
- Reduce construction costs by accelerating test processes and empowering test staff
- Protect network integrity and security by detecting and locating fiber intrusion
- Fiber monitoring for service providers, data centers, utilities, and dark-fiber providers
- FTTx construction, provisioning, and maintenance tests
- Fiber-tapping detection for critical applications
- Infrastructure monitoring (manholes, cabinets, etc)